Fishing Forum

Full Version: Cutthroats, Brookies,Rainbows, Bass and Blue gills(report)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone I spent the long weekend in the basin and the north slope of the uinta's.
On Saturday morning I hit the old bass pond and caught 3 small bass on cranks and buzzers and 3 bluegills on a jig and night crawler setup. I fished from my float tube from first light to 9:30am along the dam. There was only myself and a Bass boat on the lake until 9:30. It was weird for Labor day weekend.

Later that day we went camping near Spirit Lake. I took my son fishing for the first time in the stream behind our campsite. We had a blast. My son just turned 3. He had a hard time holding my pole by himself so I held the pole and he brought the fish in. We fished for a hour and a half before dinner and caught 37 beautiful small cutthroats.After dinner we hit the stream again with the same success. We caught 10 cuttroats and 3 rainbow's.
On Sunday we went down to Browne lake. My brother and sister in law went with my son and I. The fishing was slow at first but it picked up. My son caught 10 Rainbows and 1 Brookie with a little help[Smile].We used power bait and worms. We went back to vernal later that night. My son wanted to go fishing again on Monday morning so I took him to the old bass pond and caught small gills and sunnies for a hour and a half. We caught 17 and played in the water. He had so much fun that he would tell anyonewho would listen to him about the Bluegills that he caught with his Dad.
I had a wonderful weekend with my son fishing. I think I now have a fishing buddy for life.
[Wink]Tincanfsh
[signature]
Very Very nice report. Glad to hear you got tincan2 out to fish. Sounds like you got him hooked on fishin![Wink] Next time I come by to visit I'll bet he'll have quite the story to tell me. There is nothing more special than bonding like that with your boy for a weekend. I cant wait till my son is older. Although my daughter just turned 4 and if ya ask her what she wants to do its either go to school, the park, or fishing.[cool] What a Wonderful World![Smile]
[signature]
Nice report and it sounds like a great weekend. There is nothing like the look ona youngsters face when they pull in those fish. They have a determined look and a Big Grin. It kinda warms the heart.
[signature]
Nice report Tindude, thanks for sharing. Did you find any bullWinkles on the mountain?. K2 and I took the Yaks up to Matt Warner on monday. We slayed the bows. Caught maybe 40 fish in a few hours. K2 landed a three pounder and a couple twos. Most were 3/4 to 1 1/2 pounds. Sounds like you've got a regular fishin buddy now too. Too bad you couldn't get the big greenies. Maybe next time.

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
Nice report Tincanfish. Sounds like Jr. had an excellent time fishing. That is the way it needs to be done. Teach them young, and they will want to fish for life. I take my 2 year old out on occasion, and she always wants to go to Causey and catch some "kokamee samons".
[signature]
Congrats Dad, you've created the next generation of fishermen. Its monents like these we should treasure with our kids. I take my daughter fishing as often as I am able, which has not been that often this year, but I've done my best to make it as eventful as possible.

Keep up the good work![Smile]
[signature]