Fishing Forum

Full Version: Jordanelle - Need Map & Smallie Info
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have only fished Jordanelle once. I was after a few smallie's but ended up with a trout or two and a perch.

Can anyone point me to where I can find a good (simple) map of Jordanelle and then also tell me where on that map I would most likely find Smallmouth?

How is the Smallmouth fishing this time of year? What should I use, what colors, what size?

I was hoping that I would be able to join yall on Saturday for some Perch action but work had foiled that plan. Instead I will be heading up there a week from today (Wed) I'll be there on the 10th. Any tips, tricks, and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Rob
[signature]
I got a great one at Sportsmans I Think it has Rockport and Echo on there as well.

Cableguy
[signature]
I was up there last weekend. Yes the smallmouth fishing is good this time of year. And on the same note, anytime of year is a good time when you are smallmouth fishing.

In line spinners, yes like you would use for trout. Tube jigs in brown and white. Smaller skirted jigs, like a strike king bitsy bug in rootbeer and watermelon. Those are my favorite smallmouth lures.

As for location, There are several old road beds that lead into the water, these are the most obvious and thus heavilyh fished areas, but they do hold fish. Most guys head to the rock cliff arm of the lake, but you can catch them in the state park ramp arm as well. Sorry not to be of more help, its kind of hard for me to tell a guy where to go. You know that point, up in the north arm, kind of half way up....... it just doesnt work.
[signature]
Rob-

http://espn.go.com/outdoors/fishing/s/f_...nelle.html

I found this article awhile back about SPRING smallie fishing at Jordanelle. Since the info is for spring fishing it may or may not help you.

BUT, there is a good map on the article that stays the same all year. If your in a tube, like me, the Rock Cliffs area is great. Easy to launch, and lots of structure, points, and rocks.

Nate
[signature]
I had great luck on the smallies about 200 yards from the boat launch at rockcliff on the north side. If you go up there a ways there is a rock point that creates kind of a little bay there. I caugh a bunch of smallies there on chartreuse paddle bugs sweetened with perch meat, but you have to get way close to shore. All of them I caught were within 3-6 feet of the shore. I caught one 16" smallie there right at the point that towed me around a little in my float tube,

Jed Burton
[signature]
My thanks to everyone for the information. I am looking forward to hitting it on Wed. However, I do have one last question for you, ... after watching the weather forcast for this next week it says on Wed to be looking for a high of around 75. How will the change in the weather affect the fishing for smallies? Will I just have to give up on that idea and go for Trout? Or will the water temp still be good for catching them?

Thanks again in advance for all your help

Rob
[signature]
Generally cold fronts will put them down, that doesnt mean they cant be caught it just means the action will be slower than it would if there had been several consistant warm days. Slow your presentation down and work an area real hard before moving on to the next spot, the fish wont be nearly as aggressive but if you annoy them enough they will eventually bite.

Good luck on your pursuit
[signature]