Fishing Forum

Full Version: why do perch eat perch?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Because they taste soooo good! [Wink] Looking forward to perch party sat [cool]
[signature]
Smoked perch, Yum, I am actually sitting here at work thinking about smoked perch!!!
[signature]
Because little perchies are easier to catch than big perchies
[signature]
[Smile] DON'T FORGET, BIG PERCHIES FIND LITTLE PERCHIES SAFER TO EAT THAN CERTAIN WORMIES.[shocked][shocked][shocked]
[signature]
[cool]Which end of the perch do you light...to smoke them?
[signature]
I was actually born in 1980, but I bet there is a few people of the 70's decent that can figure out someways of pulling off the actually smoking of the fish!!! [cool]
[signature]
[cool]Ya gotta get the unfiltered ones. Ya get a hernia drawin' on the ones with filters.

You're right. I lived in California in the 70's and some of those "free spirits" tried to smoke just about everything. Can you say LABRADOR (old Cheech and Chong movie..."Up in Smoke)?

Myself? Sure, I have smoked a lot of fish. But, I never inhaled.
[signature]
As long as you didn't inhale you can still be president. Ha Ha!![Wink] I'd vote for you. Tubdude in 04'..... By the way, where in Cal. did you live? I was raised in central. BC
[signature]
Its a cross of Kentucky Bluegrass and Northern California sensamia. You can play 9 in the morning, and have the rest of the day to...what, a a a what were we talking about?
[signature]
[cool]Spent most of my early years in Orange county, but did time in San Diego, Camarillo, Santa Barbara and Sacramento. I have fished just about every spot with water inland and along the entire coast saltwater.

By "central", do you mean the San Joaquin Valley? I spent lotsa time up and down the road between LA and Sacto, and found my way into the hills above Bakersfield to Fresno. It's amazing all the lakes along the Sierra foothills, and the quality fishing in them.

A whole lot of good fishing in the whole state, in spite of the population and the government meddling. At least in California, when the rivers and lakes dry up you can still hit the salt.
[signature]
Went to Sac. State but actually lived in Walnut Creek. You mentioned the Sierra's. Did you ever get a chance to fish the Truckee? I loved fishin' the Delta (sac river) for strippers.. Also fished further north out of Ft. Bragg for salmon, rock cod, lings etc... But my favorite salt water activity has always been spearfishing and abalone diving. Did lots of that up north and out of Monterey for halibut. You are right about the Salt always being there even if the fresh wasn't... BC
[signature]
[cool]If you lived near the bay, I can't top any of your fishing stories. Great stripers, salmon and halibut...plus sharks and sturgeon. And, you can't beat the Mendocino coast for abalone. Lotsa big pinks. Drooling just thinking about some fresh abalone steaks.

Yeah, I fished the Truckee. Gave up fishing below Tahoe, with all the rafters. But got some nice big browns farther downstream. I hiked all over the Sierras and can't help making a lot of comparisons with the Uintas. Ther are a lot of views in one that look identical to views in the other. A lot more goldens in California though.
[signature]