Fishing Forum

Full Version: American Fork marina
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im interested in the history of this marina. Does anyone have any info on it? mainly when it was built and how often was it used? Thanks!!
[signature]
I know that TubeDude was fishing that area before I was born, that would be where I would start asking.
[signature]
I figured he would be the one to ask. Thanks!!!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]As I advised in my PM, I have not spent as much time there as I have at other parts of the lake. And it is not mentioned in much of the historical accounts of the area. Tough to find anything on the internet.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]My suggestion was to contact the old guy who runs the front gate and also Reed Harris of the Utah Lake Legacy and June Sucker Recovery Programs. He is an "older" gentleman and there are pictures of him as a kid in the Utah Lake Legacy book.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I first fished it in the 70s. There was no entry fee and very few "amenities". I suspect it has been in place at least since the early 1900s but I have found nothing to support that. I am merely going by the history of the lake. Boating became very popular around the lake during the "roaring 20's" and before the big drought in the 1930s...with several lakeside resorts and many boat harbors.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Does anyone use the AF Marina to launch a boat? I have a question about annual launch pass at this launch site.
[cool][#0000ff]This is a very popular spot for launching and fishing. Check the link to the website for info on rates, etc. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][url "http://www.afcity.org/Departments/PublicWorks/BoatHarbor/tabid/274/Default.aspx"]AFBH LINK[/url][/#0000ff]
[signature]