Fishing Forum

Full Version: drumking, Chickamauga, Mixed Bag, 3/20/2011, Phillip and Jamie Gawthrop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I took Dr Phillip and his son, Jamie fishing today. We were fishing for crappie and caught about 6 different species of fish today. It was a slow day for us on the crappie. We landed 15. We started out in a shallow cove and only caught a largemouth bass that weighed 3.5 lbs. Then we moved out to deeper water. With the bottom dropping out of the lake, I thought that the fish were pull back to the next drop. <br /><br />I headed downriver to check out some places that I haven't been to this year and we managed to catch a fish here and there. No concentrations of fish anywhere. Just individual fish. We fished a lot of docks, but the fish seemed to be out in front of the docks rather than under them today. Then the wind got to howling on the river and so we went to Wolftever creek to try to find some calmer water. It was just a little bit better, but then there were boats, water chiggers, and 1 guy was already skiing. The driver of the boat must not have known the water there. He was pulling the guy in about 3 feet of water and how he missed hitting stumps, I'll never know.<br /><br />We caught drum, yellow bass, bluegill, largemouth bass, channel catfish and crappie. We were using 1/32 oz jigs with Bobby Garland plastics glued to them. We saw and talked to several people that we knew. TNdoe, Wolftever kid, and a man that I took fishing with Dr Phil last year. He had his wife with him and we gave him a hard time. emoBigSmile Good to see all you guys out there today. Wolftever kid was the only one that was catching any fish. He told me that he nearly swamped Hal out there today. <br /><br />That's it until tomorrow. Gonna take Biofisher in the morning. It could be tough fishing again. Here's to a better day. emoBigSmile emoGeezer