Fishing Forum

Full Version: Fastwin, TN River Gorge, all, 20 March 2011, solo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What an amazing weekend to be on the water! I didn't catch many fish, a few catfish, a yellow bass, and a crappie but it was nice not to wear a down jacket and toboggan all day.<br /><br />The fish were loving taking a gulp on a Lucky Craft Pointer 100 TN Shad using a slow and steady retrieve. A few blue cats were caught on a fluorescent green spoon Carolina Rigged while swinging across the current with a 1oz weight. The fish were really rising in the morning and just slightly in the afternoon. The water temperature was 52 in the morning and I saw it rise to 53 by late afternoon. I didn't see many shad today, but yesterday they were behind anything blocking the current. I tired a blue/black jig with chigger craw trailer, Rat-L-Traps, Spooks, Buzz baits, and caught nothing with them.<br /><br />I didn't bother to weigh any of the fish, they weren't big enough and I didn't have anyone to hold the camera. Overall, I logged 20.5 hours on the water this weekend and I got a nice sunburn to show for it. I thought more fish would bite since it was during the "mega moon" event but they weren't. <br /><br />The boating traffic has increased and some inconsiderate ***holes driving huge cruisers like to fly past small boats with their trim all the way down. Twice this weekend I would have probably capsized if I had been parallel instead of perpendicular to their wake. One of them flying through the channel had the nerve to blow his airhorn at me when I was TWENTY feet from the shore and clearly out of his way. I guess he just wanted me to know he was unmercifully coming through and I should watch for his 4' high wake. I'm still hot about it. GAT!<br /><br />I didn't step foot on land for any pictures this weekend, instead I chose to anchor down because the wind, wakes, and current were so brutal. I wish I had more to report. . . maybe next weekend emoLaugh<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />