Fishing Forum

Full Version: Pointer 78, B.A.S.S. Weekend Series, Bass, 3-26-11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<br /> Fished the second stop of the B.A.S.S. Weekend Series on Chickamauga today. Got almost as wet as I did 3 weeks ago on Guntersville. Had to put up with the lightning today though. My Boater was from Knoxville and knew Chickamauga somewhat but he took my suggestion to fish some shallow sloughs. We fished lipless crankbaits, plastics, crankbaits, and Chatterbaits. We were on fish all morning and I was culling by noon but could only upgrade a little at a time. Ended up just short of 10 lbs (Co-Anglers weigh in only 3 fish) while my Boater had 15 lbs plus.<br /> There were some great weights brought to the scales. It took 25.50 lbs to win it but there were a half dozen or so 20 lb sacks brought to the scales. It took over 14 lbs to win it on the Co-Angler side. Jared McMillon of Ooltewah finished second with 23 lbs plus.<br /> A 10.25 lb fish and two 9 lbers were weighed in too.<br /> Water temps never got above 55 degrees. Wind was not a factor. We caught fish in water from 2 to 15 feet. I finished 14th. They paid 13 placesemoBang on the Co-Angler's side. Our own greenhead finished 7th.