Fishing Forum

Full Version: drumking, Chickamauga, Crappie, 3/30/11, Polo-dog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Polo called me this AM and asked if I was up to fishing today. I had to take Mom to the Doctor's but after we finished that appointment, Polo and I hooked up for some crappie fishing. It was actually a mixed bag today. 24 crappie. 3 golden shiners, 5 warmouth, 4 bluegills, 1 largemouth bass, and 1 slimer channel cat. We caught out fish on panfish assassins and bg shads and scent wigglers. The fish were deep today. We fished both docks and brush.<br /><br />Polo managed to catch two TARP crappie today. The first one was a 14.5 inch White crappie and a few minutes later, he landed a beautiful 15.5 inch black crappie that weighed in the neighborhood of 2.5 lbs. Polo's digital scales weren't working so we used spring loaded scales which aren't as accurate, but it was well over 2 lbs. Beautiful fish. We caught a few male crappie that were putting on their black tuxedo's for the spring fling.<br /><br />Thanks for calling me, Mark. I really enjoyed the day with you and Freida. Misty rain all afternoon.<br /><br /> emoBigSmile emoGeezer