Fishing Forum

Full Version: 8 Ball, CHICK, LM/GIANT, 3/27/11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Caught my PB Largemouth today on the chick. I caught an 8 plus on Guntersville a few years ago and never thought I'd break that, especially on my home lake.... It happened. On Friday, I found some good fish in the mid lake area and today I went looking down river for some fish for a backup plan for the next CFF. I figured the lower half of the lake to be a stage behind or at least close behind the fish that are up river aways, so I started out on the edge of a huge flat sitting in 12 ft of water and casting up to 5. Within 20 minutes had 7 fish in the boat and all keepers, the 8th was this monster. When I got her in the boat I weighed her on my cheap electronic scales and it said 10.3 lbs..... I knew she was huge but didn't think quite that big. Anyhow, long story short, had my grandad bring his weigh in scales to the ramp and he weighed her in at 9.11 lbs. Beat my previous PB by over a pound. As you can see in the pic this fish isn't even as big as she's gonna get, still has a relatively small belly, I'd say she'll push 12 before she spawns out. Weighed her and snapped a few pics at the ramp and off she swam. All fish caught on a trap. Still incredibly pumped. For scale, the fish in my left hand weighed in at 4.2 lbs.