Fishing Forum

Full Version: polo-dog, Chickamauga, Crappie- big fish pic, 4/4/11, Gene Faulkner, Freida
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I worked in the yard most of the morning and when I looked down towards my dock I saw a boat that I hadn't seen in a while. I said good morning and Gene Faulkner said hello. He hadn't been by the dock in a long time and he had only caught a few crappie in the creek and so I asked him if he was interested in seeing where I thought there might be some. He said sure. We fished back in the creek trying to stay out of the wind as much as possible as that was the limiting factor today. That and the water was still a bit stained in the creek. We fished for a couple of hours catching a few here and a few there. We caught a few keeper and a small bunch of little guys too. I think that the water is still a bit too stained to be really great but there are lots of fish back in the creek. We ended up with about 15 total. We did catch one warmouth too that I kept as Wiskers had said that he wanted one for his aquarium. It was a fun short trip out there with an old friend. We quit as the sky was starting to turn dark and we didn't want to get stuck out there in a storm. Sorry, no pics of today's trip. I did want to publish a pic of the big crappie that DK and I got last week. I'm not sure if the pic that he published was of the big one or not. I think that the pic that he took on my phone does it more justice. The mouth is almost like a bass'. It was 2.5lbs on my mechanical scale. If it had shown 3lbs I would have gone to Hamiltons and maybe would have beaten WTK for the prize.