Fishing Forum

Full Version: BulletTJ, Chick, Bass, 4/18/2011, Solo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Headed out to the Chick today. My partner had to work. The lake is flooded and muddy. I caught 9 bass the largest one was just a little over 3 pounds. The fish were on the stumps but the muddy water made it near impossible to see them. I used a swallow crankbait to find the stumps, when I got hung I would toss a lizard in on the stump and there was usually a fish on the stump. Worked great but the 3 pounder got tangled up in my line and almost drug my crankbait rod in the water. The wind got bad so I headed back to the ramp. As I was driving back I looked over my left shoulder and there was an 18" Copperhead layin on the back deck. Now I am not scared of many things but snakes are #1 on the list. I think I scared him as bad as he scared me. I jumped on the front deck and he made a dash for the back of the boat. He was tryin to crawl under the rear deck lid and I was freakin out. I knew if he got in there I was going to burn the Bullet. He got his head under the lid. I got the needle nose pliers and grabbed him behind his head. Man he was pizzed. I tossed him back in the water. He headed back up the creek and I headed to the ramp. I was so shook up I forgot to strap the boat down to the trailer. Man I HATE Snakes. I have had snakes try and get in the boat before, but to be drivin down the lake and look back and see him layin about 2 feet away from me was almost more than I could stand. I think the snake must have slid out of a tree and got in the boat. I will never fish in the woods again. emoAngry