Fishing Forum

Full Version: look at my deep sea fish.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Check out my fish.
[signature]
Nice job bud. What in the world is it though? Cod?
[signature]
I couldn`d tell if it was redfish or cod.But i caught this in about 70 ft of water on the coast of ma north of boston.I used squid.
[signature]
COD, we don't get reds this far north. Too bad, they taste great.

[url "http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cf/Gadus_morhua-Cod-2-Atlanterhavsparken-Norway.JPG"][Image: 800px-Gadus_morhua-Cod-2-Atlanterhavsparken-Norway.JPG][/url]
[signature]
What do u catch in the ct river?
[signature]
That's what I thought it was. I wasn't sure, as we don't get Cod this far south. LOL [:p]

Redfish are definately good eating, but there is a large residency of "catch and release" dedicated redfisherman in my area. They get all pissy when someone keeps one. It's kind of stupid really. If it's in the slot, and it's legal, what's the big deal? Kind of like large mouth bass fisherman, you know, the die hards are dicks about keeping a LMB. I don't know why, thier population isn't hurt what so ever, and they aren't bad eating.

I don't keep many reds because of this. But, it doesn't matter. I don't target them very often anyhow. I'd prefer to stick a Cobia or a dozen black sea bass in the cooler. RELEASE TO THE GREASE!!!!! [fishin] [sly]
[signature]
When i went to alabama i caught 8 redfish.I kept a couple.
[signature]
In the Ct. we get stripers and blues when they move in. Snappers as well. I do go for lgmouth in the river as well as blue crabs. Same as all rivers up the northeast coast.
[signature]
What baits or lures do u use
[signature]
Damn man almost looks like a snook did you find out about it ,new species? first for me thanks ,how deep. here's a prehistoric everglades fish for that,one is 8 and the one I am holding is 6 .
[signature]
I caught this one in about 70 ft of water.I was using a squid.
[signature]