Fishing Forum

Full Version: Rockport 5/7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hit rockport today for the annual mother's day weekend trip. Had the odds stacked against us and should've read the signs. 30% full means think twice before launching full size boat. Mother's day being earlier combined with a long wet winter means water temp 10 degrees cooler. Wind reaking havoc. Should've stayed home and took care of the honey-do's. Trolled regular knock-em dead pop gear, zilch. Switched to jointed Rapalas and got 4 good hits right away. Boated one. Got pictures. Not worth posting. Didn't see one bank tangler pull in a fish and there were plenty trying. Will give it a few weeks before trying again. Spoke to DNR guy, said he was told to expect the water to rise a foot a day starting tomorrow. GOOD! Deepest water I marked was 70 feet.
[signature]
I stayed home today doing honey-do's but I would have rather been fishing.
[signature]
i went to scofield caught tons of fish wait if they are 4 inchs long do they still count as a fish i should of went to rockport lol
[signature]