Fishing Forum

Full Version: Dough bait recipies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[cool] Hey fellow anglers,

I am looking for some dough bait recipies. Could you help me out?? Just think, there may be other readers out there that would like some recipies but are too shy to ask. Lets do it for their benifit as well. Thanks a bunch.[cool]
[signature]
Now dough bait is something I haven't thought about for many years, Steve. Just the thought of it brings back some pleasant memories, and some painful ones. Now if memory serves me, I'd use oatmeal, a little cornmeal, maple syrup and honey to make a batch.
Just a little water to moistion the oatmeal and to cook it till soft, add a pinch of corn meal, add water to keep it soft, then syrup until it thickens and then add the honey to top it off. Roll into a ball and you have your dough bait. Just pinch off enough to cover the hook and you're in business. The painful part was explaining to my Mom about ruining her pot. Another trip to the wood shed. On occasion, I'd add some sugar, depending on which part of Texas I'd be visiting. The largest fish I ever caught of that recipe was a 25 # plus carp. Darn thing broke my $2.99 rod but I sure had fun showing it off.
[signature]
[cool] Hey there John, Thanks for the writeback. I am trying out everyones recepies little by little. Thanks to all who contribute. Sounds like you've had some fun with the little dough balls. Thanks again.
[signature]
I didn't mention any measurements simply because it depends on how much you want to make; golf ball, orange, or more.
The more I read all these posts, I've barely scratched the surface, the more the old memories keep flooding back. I'm having fun.
[signature]