Fishing Forum

Full Version: what a weekend... with pics!started
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Started out my weekend at Willard with my buddy rick, the weather was warm.. the lake was glass and I had high hopes of getting him on his first wiper! ! About an hour into our trip I hooked up with this Nice looking fella...
[Image: IMG_4930.jpg]
then shortly after the wind picked up and I was I'm for one of the scariest rides ever in ricks 14 ft tracker. . The lake was swelling over 5 ft in some spots! ! We were soaked and scared as hell when we arrived back at the Marina!!!!

Sunday Bryce and myself had decided to go chase some largies at mantua, after launching and getting blown off within. 30 min we decided to go to our stompin grounds and chase some smallies and musky! !!
Arrived at pineview around 930 and it was glass!!! Fished for musky for the first 3 hours without a follow, time to switch to smallies!
Bryce struck first with a cute lil smally on an mid lake hump that usually yeilds some fish. .. shortly after he stuck this Nice looking smallie [Image: 2011-05-15141453.jpg]
then another. ..
[Image: 2011-05-15141440.jpg]
I finally hit my bass a nice looking toad at around 18 inches
[Image: 2011-05-15144914.jpg]
Ended up with a few more and bounced out when the wind got roaring! !!
[signature]
Sweet. Nice report - man you been all over the place!

Guess the bass are waking up a bit? How was the water temp in the three lakes? (if you noted it).
You guys always know how to find the bass at the view!

You're not kidding about the wind this weekend, it was pretty crazy!
Nice fish. Thanks for sharing the pics.
[signature]
Once again.... nice job guys ;0) Those are some quality smallies [Wink] Fred K.
[signature]
TO MUCH DANG FUN![:p]

Thanks for rubbing it in guys.

Glad you made it of the soup bowl ok, from what I have heard from others and you it came up quick and got BIG really fast.

Still owe you a wiper trip, will let it get a little hotter though before we go out.

fnf[cool]
[signature]
It was very very big And very very scary... we were all the way on the east side of thr lake too which made It much worse since it was blowing outta the west
[signature]
Look at that big fella Smile. You always beat me out. I was going to hit sulpher saturday but the lightning storms beat me to it. How have you been? You hit Jordanelle yet?
[signature]