Fishing Forum

Full Version: how to bass fish manuta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
we want to go for some bass this week end and dont know how bought some small crank baits have some spinner baits. can any one tell me what will work
[signature]
I recently asked the same thing and was told small senkos and perch cranks on a slow retrieve should do the trick soon. I'd wait till we have two or three days of steady nice weather to go though. Let it calm down and warm up some. best of luck and let me know how it goes!
[signature]
Both spinnerbaits and cranks will work, just keep casting.
[signature]
I like spinnerbaits as my go to lure, you can use them all the time and catch big bass, especially at mantua. I like to fish deep water and roll em fast.
[signature]
I've caught a few bass there with 3" salt and pepper Yamomoto jigs.3-5 feet below a bobber.
[signature]
I fish Mantua for the bass quite a bit, your best bet is to buy some senkos in green, orange, and blue. Rig them weedless and cast them as close to the weedline as you can. Leave some slack in your line and let it sink all the way to the bottom. When they pick up a senko they will swim off with it so you just watch your line. You'll literally see it start to swim off, thats when you set the hook. If you let it sink all the way to the bottom and don't get a hit wait a good 10 seconds and lightly lift up your rod tip, just enough to get it off the bottom, let it fall back to bottom and repreat. A lot of people that fish senkos dont catch fish because they fish it too fast. Slow is the key, especially this early. Give it 5 days of warm weather before it'll pick up a lot. If you want someone to go fish sometime let me know I usually fish it a few times a week.
[signature]