Fishing Forum

Full Version: Newton Tiger Muskies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The muskie bite is on at Newton. I did well by catching five this weekend with a 1.5 oz PK Flutter Fish spoon. Here is a picture of one of the fish. The fish seemed very active early in the morning and at night. Anyone else been up there recently?
[signature]
Yea, I went Friday night and all day Saturday. Did not to well for me. Apparently I need lessons or something because it seems I am the only one who came in empty! Congratulations on the nice haul.
[signature]
I just fished the spoon on top of the water pretty much and they went nuts for it. I can't wait to get back there.
[signature]
Only spoon I have is a daredevle. Maybe I will go back and give that a try. Were you mostly hanging by the shore? Which part of the dam?
[signature]
They were in close to shore. I caught few by the dam on the south end and I also caught some on the west end. I raised a number of other fish as well. Newton seems to have quite a few.

I have fished for tigers a bunch of times but have never caught that many in a weekend. That was awesome. Those spoons worked well.
[signature]
Don't know what we were doing wrong on saturday... we fished for 5 hours and between the two of us we only had one or two fish follow our lures in. Not a bite. Sure was exciting to see them cruise the shallows though! We used crankbaits, spoons, spinners, and jigs in all colors and shapes and sizes. Nothing.
[signature]
A lot of times the key is to trigger the fish by speeding up the retrieve when they are following it. That is probably what got the fish to hit for me. Plus I was using tackle that most people aren't using. It helps to have something the fish haven't seen before.
[signature]
When was this photo taken? Water levels look low.
[signature]
The currant water level is probably 8-10 feet higher than what is in the picture. That place is filled to the brim. All the campgrounds on the south west side of the lake are under water.
[signature]
The leaves are just barely leafing out on the trees right now too. Hmmm.......
[signature]
Memorial weekend is when the fish were caught.
[signature]
[quote pedwards96]The muskie bite is on at Newton. I did well by catching five this weekend with a 1.5 oz PK Flutter Fish spoon. Here is a picture of one of the fish. The fish seemed very active early in the morning and at night. Anyone else been up there recently?[/quote]

It does seem like a good idea to at least disclose that you work for PK lures. Not saying you weren't truthful, but it just seems like an appropriate thing to do so people can take posts with a grain of salt. Your success may be the lures you used or just you, but most of the reports coming out of Newton have been nothing but skunk. The lure in the picture with the trailer looks like a good smaller muskie lure though.
[signature]
Now I see what you guys are talking about. I posted the wrong picture. I have a tiger muskie folder that has all of my pictures with tigers in it and I selected the wrong one to upload. I was wondering why people were talking about trees and water levels. The picture I posted was of me catching a nice thick muskie last year by the boat ramp in early July. The picture I was trying to upload is of one of my fish in the water. Sorry about the confusion. I do test lures for PK and a few other tackle companies. I try to help people catch tigers because they are fun to catch and can be quite a challenge. I used to only catch a few in a weekend but now am catching more. On the south east end, the weeds grow up pretty tall and this lure pulls fish out of there consistently.

Sorry about the confusion.
[signature]