Fishing Forum

Full Version: BBass, They forced me to be quiet, Flatheads - Gabbling!, 6/17/2011, Spurhunter and HeathJ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<br /> Ok...Dub me insane! I finally did it! <br /> Been working from 6-2:30 this summer and yesterday, Erik text me wanting to know if I still wanted to try to grab a cat. Of course I did. I just wanted to know what it was like and see the big fuss about it. I had no IDEA! <br /> They pick me up around 3 and we head to the first stop. Heath is instructing me on what to do and how to do it but my adrenalin was getting the best of my. Hard to hold my breath and nervous as hell. I had to dive down about 3 feet and reach in but didn't feel anything. Heath helped me along with the bamboo sticks and getting the fish up a bit for me to grab. My God! Scared the hell out of me! That thing was pissed and choppin down! I managed to get a hand on it then another and started pulling it out of the hole. This little cat was mad...pulling back on me and not wanting to leave its house. I got about half of it out and it rolled on me...lost my grip and gone it was. Sad First stop...BBass 0 Cat 1<br /> 2nd stop was a little interesting...Land owner was a total jerk but after some persuading by local police...he went back in the house and shut his mouth. Erik was determined that we were gonna hit this hole and I know why now. I just thought the first fish was decent until I got chomped on by my next one. Got both hands in its mouth and pulled it out. 43 plus! Erik says the look on my face when it went to thumping on my hand was pricless! Heath then tells me to get back over there....heck, there's another on in the hole. I reach in, get a grip and pull out another 40! Unreal...the power in these things is very impressive. <br /> I decided after landing 2 that I really wanted to get some cool action shots of the pros doing this. We managed to get some really nice fish! I wanna say between mine and theirs, we had 4 over 40 and 2 over 50 pounds. (correct me on that Erik)<br /> I think Erik has a vid of my second one so I'm hoping to see it soon. I'll be doing this again! Heath and Erik are doing a fine job with helping people catch them and are excellent guides for this type of sport. Hats off to you two and THANK YOU! Lets go again soon!<br /> Enjoy the photos....