Fishing Forum

Full Version: Any advice on Deer Creek?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am hoping to go to Deer Creek later this afternoon and am curious if someone could direct me in a good spot to fish from shore. Wished the dang boat motor worked.

I have not been up there for about 5 years. Even when I was there I never landed anything.

Any advice on what to use would be appreciated as well. I would not mind landing a Walleye or a Rainbow.
[signature]
Smallies are all over the place in the rocks. 3 or 4 inch grub, natural colors.
[signature]
Best advice on Deer Creek right here. Don't go there today!! O r any other holiday weekend.
[signature]
where should I go then? I am going somewhere.
[signature]
You may have left but you might try Rockport. I stopped there Tuesday far maybe 2 hours. Stopped at one of the turnoffs where you don't pay and it was a challenge getting down with my gear. Caught a 20" rainbow first cast. caught 2 more smaller ones all on just a night crawler about 4 feet behind a full bubble Then another fish I never got in close enougnh to see what it was but fought real good. Got it on a rainbow crocodile. this was between 10 and noon.
[signature]
My advice would also be Rockport. But pretty much everywhere is gonna be slammed this weekend! Have fun anyway!
[signature]
Yeah I do not mind it being busy really. Just need to get out and fish for a bit. Probably will not leave til 5 or so.

Last I heard Rockport was not doing very good but things can change within a day it seems.
[signature]
A worm and bobber can catch lots of perch and smb the trick is finding them. Little spoons and grubs do well it seems. Hope this helps.
[signature]