Fishing Forum

Full Version: Strawberry/SoldierCreek July 1-4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My Wife and I spent the long weekend up at Strawberry, I couldn't believe how perfect the weather and Water conditions were all weekend! Friday Morning we launched the boat at Strawberry Marina and headed through the Narrows to Soldier Creek, just before the narrows open up wide to the main bay of Soldier Creek we set out trolling, within the first 2 hours we had already caught and released 10-12 Rainbows in the 16"'-18" range. Once the mid day hours arrived the bite seemed to die down so we went back to camp to relax. Saturday morning we launched again and headed over to Mud Creek where I usually do very well, fish were showing up on the finder but we couldn't get any to bite what we were offering them, so cruised over to Renegade, caught 4 fish, one nice 20" Rainbow, the rest small cutts. Sunday morning we launched the boat and trolled around the bay just out of the Marina for 2-3 hours with zero luck, took a break and headed back out that afternoon. 5 o'clock rolled around and we hadn't had much luck all day until my pole yanked so hard that I thought for sure I had snagged bottom ( water depth was 13ft and I was trolling at about 12ft) after pulling about 2 colors of lead line off my reel it finally released and I thought I had lost my tackle, so I reeled in to check it out and to my surprise a really nice 23" Cutthroat was on the line Smile he was one strong fish and made my day. took a couple pictures of him and released him for more growing time.
[signature]
Welcome to the site and NICE!!!!!
[signature]