Fishing Forum

Full Version: Last couple outings mantua, causey, pineview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there! Not new to the forum just lost my password and deleted my old email so I couldnt retrieve it, my old name was duckduckgoose. Anyways went out to mantua on 7-5-11 in a small crawdad boat and trolled chatter baits along the west dike all the way around to the knoll. caught 4 or 5 6inch perch and 1 8inch blue gill. Got above small blue gill beds by the knolls and kept pulling the out one by one [cool] but through them all back averge size was around 6-7 inches. On the way back we stopped by the north east boat dock to try for bass throwing spinner baits and caught my first large mouth just a small 12incher but still was fun. ended with about 20 fish out of three of us. Next day went out to causey with "hungreyweezy" on the float tubes and worked the south arm by causey estates along the steep banks. Had a couple hits and a 13inch tiger trout that came to the tube and jumped in my lap spit the spinner and jumped back in the lake[frown] alot of fish started to rise everywhere not sure what kinda fly they were hitting but the sure were going crazy. Hit pineview today trying for bass went and worked the shore line inbetween "portside launch?" and the yatch club on the westside of the lake had one on but he spit the hook of course[:p] seen alot of carp and the fish finder was going crazy at all levels of water (we were around 6-7 feet of water) so we decided to try off cemetery point and had quiet a few small mouths on but i dont know why we couldnt get them to stay on. Good times anyways. Hopefully going after some kinda fish tomorrow. Only one picture of the large mouth
[signature]
Sounds like some fun - good hookups, if not landings.
So do you call that a lap-dance? Reminds me of a Who song from my youth 'Squeeze Box' IT'S ABOUT AN ACCORDIAN! Geez. Yeah- I'm THAT old.

Nice that you got a good sampling of waters. Welcome "back". Haven't been up beyond the 'View. Help me out- are there Kokes in Causey? I got some new gear that needs dipping, and the Gorge is pretty far out, the Pig sounds like it's full of Sardines, so just wondering where else I might plug my squiddies! Been a while since I rigged the downriggers. Thinnin' it's time!
there are kokes in causey, but there is no boat launch and if you can get a boat in it is wakeless, unless you want to throw the down riggers on a canoe[Wink].
[fishon]
[signature]