Fishing Forum

Full Version: C.A.S.T. for KIDS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
C.A.S.T. is right around the corner about a month away. This is an organization that helps special needs children go fishing. Once a year we go out and take them out for a morning of fishing and then meet for a BB-Q and awards later. I have been volunteering my boat for 6 years now. Last year, I asked for help from all the boaters on this forum and many of you were interested in helping. Some came and experienced what a worthwhile cause it is. If you are interested open the flyer I have attached and contact Valerie, her number is on the flyer. It is always tons of fun helping kids catch a fish. This year it will be at Soldier Creek on Aug 13th. I hope to see you all there.
[signature]
I have been a deckhand on my Dads boat each year that I could. These kids are amazing to be around. Such unconditional love for all around them. Its not only fun to watch them catching fish but its a blast to see the reactions on their parents face to see them so happy and having so much fun. For a little bit of volunteer time the rewards last a lifetime.

Open the flyer and come join us for some fun this year. You won't regret it!
[signature]
This sounds great. Can they use non boaters for volunteers?
sorry if it says on the flyer.... I can't open it from my phone [blush]
[signature]
Yes they need shore help also. Sorry I guess I made it sound like only boaters were needed. Everyone can help.
[signature]
So do you take the parents along with the kids fishing?Also the flyer says by may and its july so is it too late ?
[signature]
would love to do this but no car to get up there
[signature]
Yes we take the parents. Each participant can bring 2 family members. Usually it is both parents or one parent and a sibling.
The May deadline was for the kids to sign up. They will still take volunteers so it is not too late to help.
[signature]
I am going to try and make it this year since its the week after the DAV its gonna be kinda hard to make it 2 weeks in a row to the berry. Gas driving up there empties my wallet.[pirate]
[signature]
bump
[signature]