Fishing Forum

Full Version: Fish Lake help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have not been to Fish Lake for more than 20 years. I am taking my wife and two friends that have never been there. We are going down over the 24th of July holiday.
I can't wait for them to soak in the beauty. I am also hoping fishing treats us 1/2 way decent. I will be in a 18' Crestliner with downrigger. I am hoping some of you fine folks could give us some tips? We are interested in all species, especially a decent sized Mac which I am sure is not going to be easy to catch. On the other side of the scale I love to anchor over a school of perch and just have fun.
[signature]
Usually a white tube tipped with sucker meat, perch meat, shiner minnow's etc.. will provide plenty of spake and pup mack as well as Perch action just outside the weed line.And while many troll deep for mack, and that will work, dont forget large Mack will move up and feed along the weed line so it sometimes pays well to troll your large gear there also.
Its also a good bet to work large jigs/tubes near the bottom in water depths of 50-100 feet when hunting mack.

Best of luck
[signature]
Thank you Coldfooter!
[signature]