Fishing Forum

Full Version: Bell's Canyon (Video) 7/17/2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrvAFVYOaEY

I wanted to get in a hike to train for a Wind River's Golden Trout trip next month and thought Bell's Canyon would be a good thigh burner for me.

The Lower Resevoir is nice and full as is the creek. I brought along my MSR water filter and enjoyed the ice cold water.

This trip was mainly to get some exercise, but I thought you might enjoy the brook trout I got some footage of.

(For some reason the editor won;t let me make the link hot...)
[signature]
Thanks for the report and the video. Did you make it to Upper Bell's Canyon Reservoir? If so, was it open, did you fish, and how did you do?

Thanks
[signature]
Nice scenery. I can't see the fish real clearly in the pic but I think that's a cutt. No white fin tips.
[signature]
[quote brookieguy1]Nice scenery. I can't see the fish real clearly in the pic but I think that's a cutt. No white fin tips.[/quote]

You are right, I forgot it is the Bonneville cuts in there.

Also, I didn't make it to the Upper Res. The last 1/2 mile to the lower falls is enough to kick by butt (knees).
[signature]
Pretty hike! I am assuming that the creek is still really full with extra water this year, or does it always come down that fast?
[signature]