Fishing Forum

Full Version: Crawfish diving video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just finished a crawfish video for youtube that some of you fellow crawfishers might find interesting. Still not sure what name to use when talking about them. I like crawfish but a lot of people say cray fish, craw dads, and mud bugs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWS2ide2Ik
[signature]
Ha... COOL video! Although... the first scene(s) with just the 'dads crawling over that brick, reminded me of some old sci-fi movie!! <lol>

So... do you EAT them (some people do), or are you catching them for bait?

And... what underwater camera were you using?

Thanks!
[signature]
We eat them. Taste like lobster in my opinion. I was using the Kodak Playsport, for just over a hundred bucks it is a great underwater camera.
[signature]
Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I've HEARD that they are good eating... and "just like lobster". I might have to give 'em a try sometime! [Wink]

Thanks also for the info on the camera. I've had my eye on the Kodak Playsport cameras... They would also work well, I'd think, for use as a "hatcam".

I've ruined a couple of compact still cameras when they - ahhh - unexpectedly got "wet"! [crazy] Do you have the ZX3 or the ZX5? The ZX5 is improved being "shock-proof", but they took away some of the benefits (in my opinion) from the ZX3 model. Got my eye on some ZX3's now...

Did your Playsport come with some editing software that allowed you to make the video you posted? Or, was that a separate purchase?

Thanks!
[signature]
Not sure what model I have actually, it doesn't say on the camera and I threw the box away. As for software I think it comes with some basic software, not sure what it is capable of doing. I use the Sony Vegas, and the Adobe Premiere. They are both about the same in my opinion, they both have some features the other doesn't have but with either one you can make some pretty cool movies. One tip that will save you some time is you have to convert the video files into a different format from the Kodak Cameras. Kodak has a weird format that seems to crash any software you try to use. The easiest way I have found to convert the video is with youtubedownloader, do a google search for it and its free, and works really good. You can convert it into any format you want ( I like Windows Media Player format the best). Good luck and make sure and post a link to your videos for us.
[signature]
Unless you have a REALLY OLD Playsport, you have either the ZX3 or the ZX5 (the "5" being the latest version).

My research tells me that the '5' is pretty much the same as the '3', only with some degree of shock-proofing. But one of the trade-offs is that you can't remove the battery from the '5'. THAT is very important to me to have... so that I can have one battery IN the camera, and another fully-charged battery on standby. So... got my "feelers" out for a '3'. [Wink]

NOT having a camera yet, I had explored the One True Media online service: http://www.onetruemedia.com/otm_site/public_home for my (future video) editing... but will check out your recommendations as well.

Thanks again for the camera and software info!!
[signature]
nice video, thanks
[signature]