Fishing Forum

Full Version: the Wolftever Kid, Chickamauga, Crappie, 8/22/11, Solo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Put in at 6:30, the bite was predicted to be good early and was. Caught a 13 in. white <br />crappie on the first cast in 9 ft. of water. I was throwing a 1/32 oz. jig with a BG Bleeding shad.<br />I like this color when its still dark. 15 minites later I catch another white crappie, a 14 in. plus,<br />#30 this year. Strange to see 2 white crappie this shallow in August. Caught 9 keepers here.<br />Tried fishing in deep water, only 1 keeper. Hit docks the rest of the day, and caught a few on most <br />stops. I used 3 rods, with BG Outlaw Special (baby shad), Sunrise (slab slayer), and Electric Chicken<br />(Mo-Glo) slab slayer, the jigs of chioice. Once again at noon, The crappie got fired up on a dock in 12-15 ft.<br />of water. The crappie would hit near the bottom. Caught around 10 good keepers here. Wind increased to a<br />light whitecap which made fishing difficult. Still picking up crappie, I got tired of the wind and stopped at 4:00.<br />Finished with 37 keeper crappie, all released.