Fishing Forum

Full Version: Castaic fishing report for 9/20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[cool] Hey there fellow anglers,

Got to Castaic at 4:50 am. Water was calm and @73degs. Set out with my son in our brand new Caddis float tubes (thanks to TD) and we were waderless. We kicked around for a couple hrs before anything started to bite. The bluegills woke up first so we decided to pound on them for awhile. Couldn't get any over a pound so we decided to let them all stay and grow up for a future trip(if the lake is still open) ha ha. Eventually the LMB woke up but got really finicky. We were using power worms, lunkers, grubbs and nothing would budge. I hooked my son up with a dropshot rig and a small purple sparkle 3" worm. That was working for him. He caught a 5lbr and decided to release it to grow up as well. In the mean time I was chucking my 6" rainbow around but only got a good workout for the morning.

We decided to shore and store our gear around 9:00 . All in all the score was Anglers 2- bluegills- 33 LMB-3 all C&R. Only they anglers made it home.
[signature]
Im sorry to hear the fishing wasnt great[:/], but at least you caught some fish. That five lb bass must have put up a good fight. Good luck on your next trip![Smile]
[signature]
[cool]A 5lb LMB is always nice on lightweight gear. We are still trying for Moby Dick or his smaller cousin that hangs around the Dock. You know which one. Torpedo Tommy. ha ha. I got to give him a name if he may become furniture in my house. ha haa haha ha.
[signature]