Fishing Forum

Full Version: Mirror Lake 9-11-11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got there around 9am and it was cold and windy. It stayed that way pretty much all day. The sun popped out here and the but never for very long...The fishing was still good though, for me anyway. It wasn't as fast fishing as it was last time I was up there.... but I landed 20 or so fish. They were all very small nothing over 12". It was a mixture of Rainbows, Tigers, and Brook. I used a Hemingway caddis same pattern same size for all the fish.

The other people in my group didnt even get one bite in 4 hours. Using power bait,spinners..etc.

Another fly fisherman who was near by wasn't doing well either so he asked me what i was using..so I gave him one of the flies i had on and he caught quite a few also.

Like i said...No monsters, just small planters but still a great time.
[signature]
Nice JLG78! Go figure the spinners and bait division didn't pan out. Those fish are addicted to flies. Still looked like a great day for you though. Thanks for the detailed report. You probably scored some good Karma points by sharing your flies with that other guy too. Wish we would have joined ya but then again the two of us are not very "fly savy".
[signature]
No Albino Trout ???
[signature]
[quote sinergy]No Albino Trout ???[/quote]

Yea, no Albino's? Plus straight out from ramp on other side, lotsa Grayling.
[signature]
[quote sinergy]No Albino Trout ???[/quote]

Nope...dangit! I have a empty spot on on my trophy wall between the carp and green sunfish...
[signature]