Fishing Forum

Full Version: Streams/Rivers near Boise?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know any streams, creeks, or rivers near Boise? I want to take my dad fishing in something other than the local ponds that are full on coontail. Thanks.
[signature]
Spin or Fly fishing? Wading or Not? Easy Access or hiking in/on/down trails? How far of a drive from Boise are you looking for?
[signature]
Try Mores creek at Robie Creek. Make the robie creek turn and start at the first bridge and work your way towards the 3rd bridge after that the creek gets really sparse this time of year. If it doesnt hurt your sensibilities try drifting a worm through the holes it sometimes works better than a fly. Good luck
[signature]
Both the North Fork and Middle Fork of the Boise R. have been doing well recently. Night crawlers, eggs, or flies should produce. I am not sure if grasshopper patterns would be too late or not, but they do well in August and Sept. Good luck. Mike
[signature]
[quote Bronco66]Spin or Fly fishing? Wading or Not? Easy Access or hiking in/on/down trails? How far of a drive from Boise are you looking for?[/quote]

Spin fishing, but I'm hoping to get a fly rod soon. Probably not wading, I'm still getting him into it, so I dont want to throw him into the water quite yet. I'd be ok with hiking, nothing too intense though, anything over 4-5 miles probably wouldnt be too great.
[signature]
Boise River through the city has been fishing really well. Small black fly tipped with a section of nightcrawler does the trick.
My buddy and his wife got 12 in an hour yesterday.
[signature]