Fishing Forum

Full Version: Labman, Riverpark, Bass +, 10/5/2011, Firstlight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Met Firstlight at Riverpark Ramp about 5:00pm when he got off work. I had started fishing around 2:00 with only 2 small SM to show for my efforts. I was in fish the whole time, but could not get them to hit much. I tried most everything I carry. When Pete got into the boat I had renewed optimism as he is a primo SM fisherman. And he makes great heavy (1 1/2 -2 oz) spinner baits and silver buddys. <br /><br />We went back to where I had been in fish and they were still there and still reluctant to hit much. Pete hooked a decent SM on a Spinner Bait, and lost another. We figured we were into them. Still had a lot of breaking fish around us. I was wearing out my arm with little to show for it. Pete hooked into another good fish and we soon knew it was not a bass. 23# Drum. We stayed right in that area for a couple of hours and missed a few fish. I did get to net Pete's SM and put the grips on the Drum, so I guess that counts for something.<br /><br />Current was a little light, but acceptable. Heading down again in the morning with Jerry. I need another lesson Pete, enjoyed the trip.<br /><br />Regards, Labman