Fishing Forum

Full Version: SethColeman, Chick/Nick CFF Day 1&2, Largemouth, 10-08,09-11, Mike Giambrone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Saturday we decided we were gonna head towards the islands first thing because we figured everyone was heading towards Soddy. As soon as we arrived fish were already schooling and busting around us. Started throwing buzzbait and hooked the first largemouth that was a little too close on the stick to keep, so tossed him. Second fish was what I thought was 3# keeper(ended up being just shy). Started throwing silver buddy in deeper water, in the schools, caught another small largemouth and white bass. Mike finally hooked one on a spook but it was short too. Fished around the grass line and hooked the 2nd keeper of the day on a 10in yamamota cuttail, just shy of 3# as well. We moved and moved and moved, but the fish were having no part of it. We threw spinnerbaits,cranks,spooks, buzzbaits, dropshots, and worms...the bite for us was over. Heading back to the ramp we were laughing about how bad we did..found out it was pretty rough for everyone.<br />Day 1 fish caught in 3-4ft of water around weedlines water temps 73.something most of the day<br /><br />Nickajack<br />Due to the Tennessee game the night before, I kinda tied one on.....up at 4 still not feeling 100%. Headed to Mullins Cove to start the day, and started with buzzbait-nothing. Switched to worm-nothing, spook-nothing, senko-nothing,finally caught one on a top secret lure(this fish looked bad. 3.5# head with a long skinny 2#body. Decided to risk it and try to run towards Cave lake and the dam, hoping to pick up some spots on some dropshot-nothing. Moved again, and again, and again, and nothing. Got my second bite of the day on a senko but due to my excitement pulled the bait out before he had it. Tried grass,brush, rocks, bluffs, dam, everything and nada. Headed back towards the ramp around 130 and started working the bank with senko. Mike has a big blow up on his frog, fish came completely out of the water and nose dove back down...set the hook-nada. Not much longer same thing, took the bait down paused set the hook and nada. We called it a day. 1 sick fish 2.02 lbs. Don't remember the water temps, and depth on the one fish was about 5 fow.<br /><br />Lighter note:<br /><br />Brian aka Porkchop farted on me 3 times before we launched, made fun of me because of the TN game. Had to use the restroom before blast off, found a nice tree-set up shop-and camera flashes....internet gold. Once on the boat I poo'd another 3 times, didnt find out until recently this is illegal , but gotta do what I gotta do. Great year on the water, can't wait until next year. I have made so many new friends since joining the CFF ,and gained a ton of knowledge!!!I did manage to win the LouieB halfday guided trip.....ABSOLUTELY CANNOT WAIT!!!!! Mike won the oil change!!!! Invented a new cast"the knighted" and ran out of gas on the way home...the end.