Fishing Forum

Full Version: Middle Fork of the Boise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I fished the Middle Fork just past Twin Springs this Monday and got my first Bull Trout and a really nice Rainbow. My Girlfriend got a nice Rainbow and a good size Mountain White. Has anybody else noticed the oober soft bites of the fish on this River right now? I could hardly tell they were on, but once hooked, they were some of the best fighting Trout I've ever hooked. Especially the Bull.

Also on a side note- Lucky Peak is so low near the Arrowrock Dam it is practically a river. In fact it's the lowest It's been that I can remember. Found a chimney stacked where the water usually is and a cave down there also! I'm gonna mark it on GPS and try to fish the mouth of it when the water comes back up!
[signature]

nice fish. bull trout are hard to find. ive seen a river almost to spring shores. chimneys you saw are whats left of foundations of homes/shacks people used while building arrowrock in the 1910s.
[signature]
Nice fish. That sure is a pretty river and country up there.
[signature]
That's cool. Neat info on the old structures - probably prove to be a good spot on your GPS in the future.

Those Bull trout are some fun. Caught a few up at Alturas, and they may bite soft, but pull hard! I'd almost think they'd be getting MORE aggressive with fall-feedbags on.
Here's the biggest Bull I saw landed by a fellow angler. Some pretty fish - well protected - great resource.

[inline Tanner7.jpg]
congrats- great fish! Might wanna be careful with those bull pics- if I'm not mistaken (and I may very well may be) one isn't to remove them from the water, no?

Here's one I got on the south fork of the Boise, below Anderson Ranch dam.

[Image: dollyvardenMarch262009SouthForkBois.jpg]
[signature]
No, I'm sure your right, but I had to get my pic for my species checklist. The only fish I'm not willing to take out of the water is Sturgeon in Idaho. Those Bulls I've heard would be taken off the list by now if it wasn't such a pain in the ass to make it happen.

On a side note- I did do my best to get him back in the water as quick as possible! He made it just fine! The only fish I keep are the ones that I can't revive or that get hooked too deep by anything other than a plain hook. I'm not willing to lose a $2-$5 lure to a fish but I will cut the line on a plain hook.

26 species down- a ton more to go!
[signature]
What'd you get them on?
[signature]
cool- just didn't want to see you get busted for posting a pic on the net; I've never met anyone that's happened to, but have heard rumors of somebody's brother's friend's cousin etc. getting busted that way a few times.
[signature]
Got 'em on Spinners and Boucing Worms. Careful with the regs in that area though. They Change when the North Fork Meets the MIddle to single shank barbless hook and no live bait.
[signature]