Fishing Forum

Full Version: just looking for some new ideas!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello every one!
Well ive been fishing the rivers alot lately. Because ive been wanting to catch some trout. And trout i have been catching, nothing too big but some nice trout of all kinds.. the bear river was very kind to me the other day.. ive been using a silver blue fox and a silver panther martin.. with great outcomes.. as well as a red & white or red and chrome spoon.. any way is what im asking is what has been working for every one else? Spiners, spoons, alagators, ECT.. im just looking for somthing else to use with maby better luck with some bigger fishies.. which by the way for all you cutthroat lovers shoot me a pm and ill que you in to a very hot spot i found... .
[signature]
I can't help you with the spinners, but on flies I would say go deep with nymphs.
[signature]
Rapalas are my go to this time of year because I love fishing for spawning browns. I use the countdowns, and also a deep diver. The lip on the deep diver scraping the rocks and mud drives the spawning brown trout crazy! Dont be afraid of size in your rapalas.
[signature]
On the stillwaters I've actually been catching a lot of nice trout on jerkbaits and lipless cranks while after bass. I would imagine that they would work well on streams too, especially with the spawning browns.

I wouldn't mind hearing about your cutthroat spot. I'm always looking for more streams to fish around here.
[signature]