Fishing Forum

Full Version: Arrowrock for perch??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone done a run at Arrowrock after yellow Perch? I caught a couple koke fishing last week so decided to go up and target the lil guys...gotta do my part to keep populations within reason...any ideas on locating the schools?
[signature]
i wouldnt waste time going there for perch. squawfish absolutely. cascade is the spot with strike second.
[signature]
we fish arrowrock 6 or 7 times a year in the middle of the summer for some quick and cheap line wetting..... and on a few occasions we have picked up a perch here and there....... but never get into a "school"...... so we go back to smallie/squaw fishing
[signature]
I've caught a few up the south fork bass fishing. Usually early summer when the bushes are under they are in them. Most perch I've seen are guys using worms by the low water ramp fishing for trout. I haven't targeted them just picked them off fishing for other things.
[signature]
Well then...the thing is I was talking to a fish and game girl who was helping with the netting and tagging of bull trout the last few weeks and she told me there are a ton of em in there and where to get em...the ones we got not trying were 10-11" so I could surely have a ball loading the cooler on them...I saw a couple of schools koke fishing last week that were pretty damn big...so I wanna give it a shot...Cascade is quite a drive and Strike is a good hour and a half to put in so I really wanna see if Arrowrock can produce any jumbos...besides...summer is not the best time for Perch from what ive gathered...I'll post results.
[signature]
You can usually find them somewhere in the big pool at the confluence of the middle and south fork. Where in the pool is always the question. Sometimes on the north shore off the point where people launch small boats. Last week we found them off the point between the middle and south forks. A month ago we got into them up the middle fork on the far side from cottonwood. Tight lines!
[signature]
Thank you Avery! We tried yesterday in that area and I couldnt mark any schools anywhere in the area...which is so wierd since the other day there were several big schools marking...we only had a few hours so we spent a long time in search mode but ran out of time before finding them...so Sad...next time though.
[signature]
A friend of mine caught a perch about 12" at Arrowrock last spring on a worm and a corkie floated off the bottom. Not sure how many there are, but there are some nice ones up there.

If you're considering Arrowrock, I assume you're near Boise. BTW, I timed my last drive from the area around the mall to CJ Strike and I made it there in just under an hour. Are you going all the way out to Mountain Home, or are you taking Simco Road?
[signature]
I tried for perch for a couple hours yesterday but couldnt find any...so I reverted to trout and koke trolling instead...I live by the Idaho center in Nampa and no matter how I slice it its a drive...I can be close in an hour but simco to strike dam road then the long stretch of gravel takes a while...I usually use the afb ramp.
[signature]