Fishing Forum

Full Version: Magic?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
has anyone tried Magic recently?
[signature]
I was wondering the same thing. I'm spending Thanksgiving weekend up there and will be fishing the Big Wood but thoughts of bank yanking at Magic have crossed my mind.
[signature]
I'm heading that way for thanksgiving also and will be in that neck of the woods fishing. haven't heard anything however so I'm not a lot of help until I get up there.
[signature]
A guy I work with bank fished it all day Sunday and didn't catch a fish. I believe he waqs between West side and Mertyle point
[signature]
Thanks for the feedback, 2dogs. Doesn't exactly make me want to head over there and freeze on the bank! Mike
[signature]
Definitely not the report I wanted to hear!
[signature]
I took a day off from work and fished Magic yesterday. I got there at around 9am, it was in the low 30's but luckily the wind wasn't blowing too hard. I left at around 2 and brought home a limit. The biggest fish was around 16 inches but all of the others were in the 14-15 inch range. I caught them all on Rainbow Power Bait and was fishing off of Lava Point across from the West Magic boat ramp. I only landed one fish in that area and moved up shore a little ways. The action was much more consistent along the shoreline towards Hot Springs Landing about 1/2 mile up from the boat ramp at Lava Point. I was surprised that I didn't see one boat out there during the time I was fishing. There were several pontoon boats but nothing with an outboard. The weather was unbelievablly nice for mid November, unfortunately I don't think it's going to last into next week. Some ice was starting to form on the inlets and on the shore itself, but there was none in the main body of the reservoir.
[signature]
That's a nice healthy looking Rainbow. Do you have any idea how the perch populations are this year? Where there baby perch in their stomachs?
[signature]
I've went to Magic several different times over the course of the past several weeks and the bank fishing for Rainbows has been consistently good on every visit. I have noticed small perch in the stomach of a couple different fish but mainly it appears that they're eating snails and whatever insects were hatching that day. I haven't caught any perch myself but I haven't really been using a technique that would allow for that either. I assume that the guys out there in boats that I've seen previously and that are anchored up are trying for them, but I haven't asked them or been close enough to tell if they're having any success. All I know is the Rainbow trout population looks very strong going into ice fishing season.
[signature]
nice looking fish
[signature]
I was out last week trolling the East side caught about a doz. fish most were 14"/16" caught a couple around 20" I was a little suprised that I didn't hook up on some bigger fish..
Hooked em up with a Purple & Red egg sucking leech.
Gonna try and make it out a couple more times before freeze up.
[signature]