Fishing Forum

Full Version: I hate the wind
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Took the 3wt out to willow again this morning. Arrived to a very stiff south wind and fairly cold air. My main "to do today" was to try a couple different lines that Joni gave me.[Wink] First was the 4wt. The rod is 71/2 ft and it didn't like that line much. I'm not sure if it was my crappy casting or if it was the wind, but I couldn't keep the back cast up. The roll casts weren't all that great either.[blush] No fish on the 4wt.
Changed reels and tried the 3wt. What a difference. The back cast was still crappy, but the roll casts was much better. Did I mention that I HATE the wind? I think this line is called SuperFine but I maybe wrong. It is a small diameter and white in color.
Was able to reach a couple fish with this one and they bit on my Hares Ear.[Smile]
I will wait for a less windy day and try the 4wt again, but it is going to be hard to beat the 3wt line I think. Thanks Joni. What an asset you are to our community.
[signature]
That is a nice fat fish.

I am really glad that you had the chance to try out the lines before buying one and then finding out it doesn't work that well. Good on ya FlyGoddess for helping out!
[signature]
Shucks, no big brood albino's eh? Let me know when you see the big ones being pulled out of that pond!
[signature]
Pa, I have a Rio Grand 4 wt if you want to throw it. And I live less than 1 mile from Willow. Big thing in the wind is to slow down and let the rod load.
[signature]