Fishing Forum

Full Version: Scofeild or Bust
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got some free time in the morning, so instead of my heart drawing me to Strawberry I am committed to Hit Scofeild to test it out for Ice fishing, I want to see for myself how the fish are doing and if it will be worth the effort this ice season. It will just be a shore fishing day, but I figure I should be able to pick up a few, Anyone know how much ice is on the Dam arm or around by the rocks on the east side. Probably no Ice on the main body, but just want to make sure so i don't waste the gas. I will give a heads up tomorrow night. Last year we were on ice on Black Friday, Im thinking we still have a few weeks with 50 degree temps this next week. Thanks for the Intell for those in the know!
[signature]
Okay, I promised a report tonight, I arrived at Scofield at 3:00 pm this afternoon, There was a bit of a wind that made it cold. Temp gauge 35 degrees, but it felt colder, There was a bit of ice forming in the Dam arm, a few guys fishing around the ice. I fished of the Docks at the state park by the dam for awhile using Lucky Minnows, no takers, the water was quite stained. I drove down to the south end of the lake and a few Duck hunters were pounding the ducks. So I headed over the Ramp on the North end and threw my LC again and ended up catching a few nice bows about 17" the water was much clearer on that end. Water temp felt pretty cold to the touch. With the warm temps this week I am afraid it will be a bit longer for ice up. Maybe by Christmas.
[signature]
Well those sound like good bows. Hope there will be that kind of bow this ice season. Last year was skinny tiny bows and cutts for me. By saying "by christmas" you just jynxd it. LOL!
[signature]
Probably did! But at least we have the berry on fire! It usually last till ice up. I really think on good cold week would really get it setting up. its been trying the arm did have quite a bit of ice, but my guess it will all be gone this week with the warmer temps.

The 2 bows I caught were actually pretty chunky. We'll see when it comes to ice fishing,

It its anything like last year, it was at least a fun place to take the kids fishing. you catch a ton, but not much size.
[signature]
Thanks a lot for the pictures. It's one thing to read a report and a totally different animal to see what you're talking about.

That dam arm is always the first fishable area to cap, and with that much ice already set onto the shores, it may be sooner than you think before there's no more casting room. It only gets thicker from there.

Man, it's been too long since I last fished that place. Might be time to check it out again, this season.

Thanks for the update.
[signature]