Fishing Forum

Full Version: best fly pattern sources
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
as its to stinking cold for me to want to fish right now what sources do you all use to find new patterns
[signature]
I do fly swaps. But like I have said in another post, I generally stick with the old stand bys. They worked last year, they will work this year...LOL

Charlie's fly box is my go to for how to tie them:

http://www.charliesflyboxinc.com/
[signature]
Charlie's flybox would be my first choice. Then if I know the name of the pattern I search for youtube videos.

One of my favorite sites is West Fly Fishing. It has a great entomology section that gives very good pictures of the real bugs and then suggested imitations. If you click on the imitations it gives you pictures of the fly and a pattern for it. You can also go to the Idaho section and select "Hatches" then choose your month and a water. It will show not only the hatches but what flies (and their pattern) you can use for that bug.

Now I just have to learn to tie better!
[signature]
Do you have their web address?
[signature]
Charlie's fly box url in up in FlyGoddess's reply.

The west fly fishing site has a forum on it so you would have to google it, but I will PM you.
[signature]
I got the pm thank you and I have Charlies as a favorite... :-)

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
would you pm me the address
[signature]