Fishing Forum

Full Version: Laguna Niguel Lake Trout Opener 11/21 And....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hi TubeDude,

Did you ever fish Laguna Niguel Lake in Orange County, CA? The have always loved tubers and this year they are going to do their first trout plant on 11/18 and hold a special 'Tubers Only' tournament on 11/19 and 11/20. Awesome weekdays huh?

No only will only tubers be allowed on the lake during those two days but it's limited to the first 50 anglers.

As a pay-to-fish-lake, it's a pretty good operation. I can hardly wait! They've got Alpers and a couple of even hardier Utah bred fishies. Size? 44 acres but with some really good spots unaccessable by shore anglers. heh heh heh!

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool]Hey, JR, that lake was developed after my departure from southern Cal. I fished the heck out of Irvine, and a lot of the San Diego lakes, but I have only heard bits and pieces about LN. I am impressed that hey have gone to the extent they have to encourage the flotation flotillas. Shows some class on their part.
[signature]
[size 4][cool]Hey JR,[/size]

[size 4]The only good thing about LNL is that no fishing license is required. Then again Lake Irvine doesn't require one either plus the launching of a float tube is only $5.00. But you are probably right that it would be fun to be out there with a whole bunch of tubers.[/size]

[size 4] Laguna Niguel Lake [/size]

[size 4]Open for fishing: 6am to 5pm – 7 days a week Day use fishing permit: Adult $16 – Youth $12[/size] [center][font "Times New Roman, Times, serif"][size 4][size 3](No State fishing license required)[/size][/size][/font][/center] [center][font "Times New Roman, Times, serif"][size 4]Float tube launch fee: $10 –( 6am to 5pm[/size][/font][/center]
[signature]

fishfather

[size 2]$26.00 to fish a lake? Not to mention bait and beer[mad] I could take a 1/2 day boat out for that![crazy][/size]
[signature]
[cool]Hey JR,

Then again I would be there in a flash if one of these suckers would jump on my hook!!

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=847;]

[size 2]7th Annual Catch & Release Float Tube Event
( Float tubes ONLY – Barbless jigs or flies ONLY )[/size]

[size 2]Wednesday November 19th [/size]
[size 2]&[/size][size 2] Thursday November 20th
$40
Entry fee each day. Limited to 50 float tubes per day.[/size]

[size 2]* A raffle drawing will be held each day for a chance to win a Daiwa 9’ – 5wt Fly Rod![/size]
[size 2]2 Days Only! Reserve your spot Now!
[/size]
[size 2]Call 949-493-8196 and leave a call back number
[/size]
[signature]

fishfather

[size 2]$40!! Ahhhh That's a 3/4 day boat![Wink][/size]
[signature]
Wooo guys $5.00 to launch a tube? Hope that idea doesn't come to Utah.
[signature]

fishfather

[size 2]Yeah these lakes charge an average of $5 to launch a tube which get's launched from the shore![crazy][/size]

[size 2] You don't even use the ramp![mad] And it's only $3 more to launch a boat![unsure][/size]

[size 2] I heard some places charge up to $10 to launch a tube![shocked][/size]

[size 2] There out of there friggin mind to think I would pay that.[cool][/size]
[signature]
[cool]Yep. Californy is mighty proud of their fishin property...and they think everyone who lives in the state is made of money. They take a lot in, but they ain't managing it very well.

If Ahnold gets in, maybe he can "TERMINATE" the float tube launch fees. Yeah, right. Not a big enough voting base.
[signature]
I'm all for that, its not like the tube takes any space away from boat launching.

Go Ahnald Terminate them greedy folks
[signature]
[cool] That brings up a good subject. Castaic lake charges $6 per vehicle to get in. Now gone up to $7. They charge $6 per tube, toon or yak. (non motorized) and $7 for electric motorized craft.(small trolling motors only) But if you can be out of there by 9:00am there are no fees.
[signature]