Fishing Forum

Full Version: Utah lake ice fishing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have not done it in years and my wife took the boys out on Saturday to Lindon and they got skunked...They all are looking forward to catching something is Lindon a good spot? what about provo? I am planning on taking a day off to make sure it happens so any info will be appreciated
[signature]
The fishing has slowed somewhat at all the harbors. Lindon can be good but right now its a matter of finding the fish. Usually the harbors freeze first and the main lake is open and the white bass swarm into the harbors this year the entire lake capped about the same time so fishing hasnt been as hot as in the past. I have still managed a few fish on each outing but it may not be fast fishing. It hasnt been horrible just not what I usually expect from early ice. Provo boat harbor may also be a good choice
[signature]
The above advice is pretty good. Last year I fished Provo and blanked for 2 hrs then I found a spot and filled a bucket in 20 mins. With white bass it's a matter of finding them, or not. They can be in tight schools. I move a LOT to find 'em.
[signature]
any day you want me to show you where the gills are just let me know man.
[signature]