Fishing Forum

Full Version: Provo river
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I stopped by the provo river where it goes under bulldog blvd, Ive been wanting to fish that spot for a while right by the fire dept and the DI. I fished right behind the water spill over and got a small brown right away on a blue winged olive. Then got a nice carp, at least thats what it looked liked but it took off after about five minutes of fighting and ended up breaking off. Also saw a bunch of catfish in a group. Just wondering if anybody else has fished this spot and if so have you had much luck it just seems I couldn't keep them off for the few minutes I was their. Going to have to hit it up again soon!
[signature]
Cool stuff there dude!
[signature]
[quote STEVEF39]I stopped by the provo river where it goes under bulldog blvd, Ive been wanting to fish that spot for a while right by the fire dept and the DI. I fished right behind the water spill over and got a small brown right away on a blue winged olive. Then got a nice carp, at least thats what it looked liked but it took off after about five minutes of fighting and ended up breaking off. Also saw a bunch of catfish in a group. Just wondering if anybody else has fished this spot and if so have you had much luck it just seems I couldn't keep them off for the few minutes I was their. Going to have to hit it up again soon![/quote]

FUN! Love hearing about people catching fish in places they "shouldn't." Thanks for the report!!
[signature]
That's a neat little spot.

Are you sure the fish in a group were cats though? Usually when I go there, I see a bunch of really dark colored carp, huddled together right by those big rocks.

Man, I've donated a bunch of gear to that hole. Lots of snags in there. Too bad you can't (easily) fish the other side, eh? It pools up nicely along that far wall.

Next time, try fishing upstream of State St. There are some great holes near the apartments.

Town fishing rocks. Glad you had fun.
[signature]
I've had descent luck in that area, some pretty good browns in there. But it's pretty good up and down that whole river, access is tough in the urban areas though.
[signature]
Im not sure I wasn't that close but they were dark greenish blue I think i am going to go back up their for a little while today will see if I can get a good pick!
[signature]