Fishing Forum

Full Version: What is your go to jig / lure / bait for ice fishing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just curious as to what your guys go to jig / lure / bait of choice is for ice fishing for trout.

I love the rat finkys, or a white tube jig tipped with a meal worm or piece of minnow.
[signature]
I have good luck with a pink/white nuclear ant tipped with meal worm. Also, do well with a pink headed glow gizzy bug tipped with meal work.

Bait question tho.. I've been trying some white jub jigs tipped with chub/sucker meat, but I can't seem to get it to stay on very long. Is there a trick I'm missing?
[signature]
Ratical glow all the way baby.. [fishin]
[signature]
Bait question tho.. I've been trying some white jub jigs tipped with chub/sucker meat, but I can't seem to get it to stay on very long. Is there a trick I'm missing?

yeah leve the skin on and hook your hook through the skin.. it will be a lot harder for the fish to pull it off..
[signature]
pearl fat boy(only made by coldfooter) spook tube jig with a coustom jig head,(made by me) in 1, 2, 3, 5, inch..
[signature]
Pumpkin Pepper Gold by live line baits in 1/32 oz jigs.

I have nailed fish through the ice at Rockport, Mantua, East Canyon, Scofield, Echo, Strawberry, Causey, Pineview, and Red Pine Lake. I have yet to get skunked with that lure and plan on trying it at a few more places this winter now that I am off crutches. It is a trout killer! You can also use it on perch and Kokenees just as effectively.

I used to tip it with wax worms but these days we are trying nightcrawlers and it works well.
[signature]
Watta Crickets and Boogers!
[signature]
I'm with tie die I love that color I also go to a radical glow in white and put a pink or green trout worm on it
[signature]
watta cricket and maniac white or glow
[signature]
With the price of crawlers lately, I've switched over to tipping my rat finkey jigs with carp. I fileted the carp just like any fish and removed the skin. Then I cut the filets into small strips the size of small worms.
The carp stays on pretty well even without the skin and it is way cheaper... I hooked it in the middle of the strip and it flows back with two tails and looks delish to me... lol. We used it at Causey on Saturday and caught Spake and Tigers...
I seasoned some with garlic and some with sea salt... both worked well.
[signature]
halis
[signature]
Depends on what yer fishin fer and where.

Don't forget sweedish pimples-gypsy jigs-- castmasters

anything and everything from custom jigs and spins and northland tackle
[signature]
Northland, you read my mind. Live forage all the way!
[signature]
My go-to ice jig is a daredevil spoon tipped with velveeta. The rare times that doesn't work, I just pour a little mt. dew over it and seems to attract them just fine.
[signature]