Fishing Forum

Full Version: CC through the I.C.E. with the G.F.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was finally able to compel someone to go on an ice fishing date with me. We hit Currant Creek, one of my favorite ice fishing destinations. There was only 1 other group on the ice near the dam and they had caught a few when we showed up around 10 (I realize that is slothfully late for a fisherman, but trying to get a girl to leave early is hard enough...and we were 20 minutes gone when I realized I had forgotten the bait [blush] ). So yeah. We skated our way to the little bay on the east side and to my horror there was a gigantic pressure ridge right on the spot I wanted to drill. It was 8 feet wide and already groaning and sliding, so we moved a short distance away and started drilling. Or as Rachel put it, we "got some holes dug". Before I could even get the tent put up I heard the sound of drag and she was reeling something in. I was like [shocked] when she pulled this out of the hole:

[Image: IMG_1231.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1232.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1235.jpg]

A short time later she tagged another fish. Just a planter 'bow but she wanted to compare the size:

[Image: IMG_1237.jpg]

Meanwhile I could not buy a trout. I missed a few and eventually we decided to relocate the tent and both fish inside for a bit. I managed a decent rainbow of 15", a planter 'bow, and a fat whitefish.

[Image: IMG_1238.jpg]

Fishing ended up being really slow for the most part but it was great to be out and chalk up Rachel's first ice fishing trip ever. Other notable facts from the trip:

1. Women may lose their appetite for ramen noodles after handling worms.
2. It is possible, though difficult to retrieve a bottle of orange juice that has fallen into the hole and sunk. A size 8 treble hook and some luck is all you need.

We caught everything on white jigs/waxworms, ice was 10" solid, sun was shining [cool]
[signature]
what a great report, Matador, thanks! Sounds like the G.F. is a keeper if you can get her to go ice fishing with you. You've got an awesome sense of humor and looks like you had a great day together!
[signature]
Yeah, you could do worse....
[signature]
A cute girl like that who will go ice fishing with you, and actually handle the fish and the worms? DO NOT MESS THIS UP!!