Fishing Forum

Full Version: West Side EC Ice Reports????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thinking of hitting east canyon saturday. We like the west side by the dam. Just wondering how the ice is with all this spring weather.

Thanks for any info.

LT
[signature]
We fished the other end on the 30th
5-7 inches of ice
slow fishing-- but a friend of mine slayed them a week earlier
good luck
p.s. did you ever make it over to Holmes and how was it if you did?
[signature]
Hogstalker,

Thanks for the info.

I didn't but my friend did on Christmas eve. He said the the ice was spooky to be on, but safe. He caught two fish near the dam.

I like to fish there because it's close to home and a 50 to 60(planter bows) fish day is fun too. With this warm weather though I'm not sure I'll fish it.
[signature]
We were up there yesterday but fished the South side, the catching was slow but it was a nice day with sun and no wind to speak of. We did see a good number of people fishing by the dam as we were leaving. A little snow on the ice made the walking easier but the lake still has not frozen all the way, still open water South of the boat ramp about 1/3 of the way to the hollow. Edges were good where we were but you could see where they were melting latter in the day.
[signature]
Thanks much! Crazy weather pattern this year.

LT
[signature]
I was there this morning out from the boat ramp. There is 7 to 8 inches of ice once you are on it but it is scary at the edges.
I left at 11:00 and the edges had already started to get weak. You will want to have a good set of nerves also because it cracks continually. One of them cracked through one of the holes I was fishing in. [Image: surprised.gif] That got my attention!
[signature]
Thanks much! I think I'll wear my waders. Hopefully colder weather will set in.
[signature]