Fishing Forum

Full Version: new year at strawberry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Headed out with everyone else yesterday and found the lake froze up good and NOISY as i've ever heard a lake, kinda creepy and stayed that way all day.
Fishing was slow but steady, everyone caught some great healthy fish. I had one good hit that snapped my 4lb line clean off at the jig, made me kind of mad cause that was my last rat finke in that color. Five fish and and two hours later I hooked another one and iced him. As I was taking out my hook......HEY! that's my rat finke! Always heard of stuff like that happening but it was a first time for me!
My dad and one of his buddies had the new Jaw Jacker rod holder/hook setter things, worked ok but didn't replace diligence and a close proximity to your rod! Anyway, no slot busters but a bunch that got right up to that line, great day on the ice!
[inline downsized_0102121529.jpg][inline downsized_0102121348.jpg][inline downsized_0102121248a.jpg][inline downsized_0102121220.jpg]
[signature]
Good catching !! Was you fishing the Strawberry marina or else where ??
[signature]
we were in the back of strawberry bay
[signature]