Fishing Forum

Full Version: shsimons, Nickajack, Spaaaaaaaats!!!!, 1-1-12, Scott "Spaat" Sheely
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I submitted this to the hall of fame, only because it was the most awesome afternoon ever. The wind was howling, and we cast netted up a bunch of shad. We wanted to catch a few spaats, and man, it was completely awesome. Every single shad just got smashed, with a few giants pulling off. I really wish I could have seen one that just ripped drag really hard before pulling off. My buddy Scott was stoked about these spots. I was telling him about carter's lake and parksville and how some of the guys are obsessed with the big spots. One fish I caught was my biggest spot ever, I didn't weigh it or anything. It was stuffed full and had a shad down its throat. My buddy couldn't believe how fat it was, and I couldn't either. We also had shiners, but they must have been so keyed in on the shad that's all they really wanted. We couldn't hardly get them to bite the shiners.<br /><br />My depth finder has helped me out so much this year, I really thought it would just help me with the catfish, but being able to graph bait has helped a lot!<br /><br />What a great few days with my buddy. Only two things we want back is that big one that pulled off on me today and yesterday Scott had about a 4 lb smalllie come off at the boat.<br /><br />An awesome afternoon for sure, wow, I'm still astounded catching that sized spotted bass on Nickajack!