Fishing Forum

Full Version: Echo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went to Echo with Father in law today. Ice around the edges by the dam was bad. Looked as if open water for about 6-8 foot. We continued on down past the boat launch and parked off one of the pull offs down there. The ice was good around the edges down there. The fishing was very slow. We only had 4 bites and only hooked one. I lost it at the hole. I must say it was a nice size trout though. The report in the paper said that the fishing was good by the dam. Not sure how they got on the ice. The edges were scary looking.
[signature]
I was wondering about the conditions and whether or not to head that way this weekend.

It was great judgement on your part to try elsewhere. That's no little drop from the edges at that end of the reservoir, and you certainly can't expect to stand up. A friend of mine went through last spring trying to make it to the bank and it was not a fun experience. Were talking 12+ feet deep some 6 feet out in many spots. If you make it out on questionable ice early, it can get real ugly by afternoon trying to get back.

Thanks for the report.
[signature]
[Smile]So whatta ya think, will I be able to fish it on sunday?

Was planning on going sunday morn'in and would like to get out to the middle of the res. if I can. The edges are getting bad but how's the center reaches of the lake doing? Really don't want to push it but need to try and find some perchies if possible.
[signature]