Fishing Forum

Full Version: Davo, Chickamauga, Bass, 1/9/12, Fishnvol
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I hit the lake around 11 am the other day and proceed to chuck the world's most magical bait for a while without a strike. Odd, since I have done pretty well with it most other times. I did manage to snag a catfish on a big flutter spoon? Decided to throw my favorite around this time of year, jerkbait. Immediately catch a nice 2.5lber and then had to go to the ramp to pick up Fishnvol. We flailed around a few places without anything. Chris did have a couple of big hits on an A-rig, don't know how he missed them and they were more than likely stripers judging by the size of boils we were around. I did manage to catch another catfish on my spoon....wth? We then hit some rock banks with jerkbaits. Right away something crushed mine and the line broke...brand new bait too. Managed a couple more dink spots and then landed a 4lb smallie and a 3.5lb LM. Chris stuck a couple spots as well. So, the magic bait wasn't as magical as the old winter standby. By the way, you guys may want to look into the new Luck E Strike jerkbaits. They look similar to Megabass, don't know how they compare, but it is what I caught all of mine on, and it outfished a Pointer 100...and I didn't think that was possible. I would post a pic of the smallie but I just look like a fat blueberry.