Fishing Forum

Full Version: SCOFIELD RESULTS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So this postis a little late however the results from Wednesday are out.

First off i highly recommend going mid-week fishing it was fantastic there were only 5 of us out and surprise we centralized the island.

The storms completely missed us and produced a vast amount of sunshine and even more scenery, this came with a very puckering wind it was blowing about as hard as it could. We had our tents out and it was the first time we had to use our ice stakes.

The wind at our doors like a furious beast did not however dampen our spirits we popped our holes and within 5 minutes WAM fish on!!! the first was a small cut about 10 inches which was caught on a snell hook equipped with beads and a flasher, this rig produced multiple fish ranging anywhere between 10 and 15 inches some cuts some bows and some tigers. we had 8 within the first hour.

The fishing died after that and even though we knew it was going to suck we packed the tents across the ice close to the island which again produced a large number of fish 12 total, we caught more as we tipped our worms with powerbait.

The action was non-stop and for the newbies they were loving life, I was very glad i could share my love for the sport on such a eventful day.

We stayed on the ice until we decided we had taken enough wind and ran out of worms, our total for the day was 27 and even more memories.

The two not affiliated seemed to be doing great as well I had a small conversation with them and they were in the 20 range as well.

The ice was not officially measured however i would guess it to be 15+ it seemed to take forever to pop through, at one point i was wondering if i had a long enough auger.

to rap it up if you go make sure you bring baby crawlers and powerbait, the snell hooks produced nicely and a worm hook swedish pimple combo did the same, the flashers really did the trick.

If you go to the island stay closer then you would normally think maybe 100 to 150 yard of the south east point and I suggest a spring bobber due to the extremely light hitting fish, our fish were not huge however the underwater cam caught some big ones cruisin about 5 feet below the ice, really pay attention on your down drop thats when most the fish hit.

I hope if you go you will have as much success as we did,
Good Luck!!!
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Its good to hear you had a good trip
[signature]