Fishing Forum

Full Version: Live @ Rockport
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nothing yet been here about an hour. Snowing sideways. Fishing the east side 16' of water.
[signature]
Is it slushy anywhere, or is the snow making things a little better on the hard deck?
[signature]
Ya know it's not bad. There is no standing water where I am the snow is definately wet. Still not a bite only seen one fish on the screen. Time to reach for the flask and relax a while it's going to be hard to tear down the heated tent with the weather so bad outside.
[signature]
Still notta enchilada! Oh well beats watching T.V.
[signature]
Is it snowing or raining up there? Any water on the ice?
[signature]
Snowing sideways real moist snow. There is no water on the ice in my tent even with the heater on I will pOst conditions when I leave still no fish just iTunes whiskey and a heater
[signature]
Chopz
Are you fishing more towards the docks or campground?

Thinking of going up tomorrow and migrating more towards the dam. Keep the heater on and the whiskey flowing. Lol.

1 in a million to catch a tagged fish......so I'm saying I have a chance. I'm in!! [Wink]
How are the edges accessing the ice? Have you tried deeper?

Thanks for any info, might try it tomorrow if ice is still safe.
[signature]
Very many people on the ice today? Is it accessible for an ATV?
[signature]
Ok fellars I am fishing out of one of the campgrounds not sure wich one. I will post when I leave. And yes the edges are good if i had my wheeler up here I would have used it. A little rocky and steep but it's a Polaris so no biggy. BTW it is worth going to the east side and paying $7 to see the hot chick workin the shack. I could care less if I catch a fish. Still nothing anyway. I would venture out deeper but it's snowing like hell and I will probably leave soon
[signature]
Thanks for keeping us informed! Have a safe trip getting out!
[signature]
Safe is my middle name!!!!
[signature]
I am smelling a skunk! Be my first this year. Depressing.
[signature]
I was out on the west side on Thursday and only had three blips on sonar. I reeled up to one jigged it for a bit and landed a nice 16 incher. My brother then borrowed the flasher after that, did the same thing and it got off at the hole.
[signature]
[quote weinerz4chopz]A little rocky and steep but it's a Polaris so no biggy.[/quote][font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]I'm nottrying to be negative here, but the only legal access to the ice with any ORVis from the boat launch area. Any other launch point would get you a ticket or sternwarning. Just so you know if you take one next trip.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3][/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]